Grants & Finance
A new scheme has been introduced by SEAI that offers homeowners a once-off grant towards the purchase and installation of solar photovoltaics and/or battery energy storage in their own home. The home energy performance following installation of solar panels must be BER C or better.
The solar pv grant is €900 for each of the first 2 Kw’s installed = €1800.
€300 for each 3rd and 4th KW installed = €600. €600 for battery = €600.
The total grant available is capped at €3,000. Follow the link below to the SEAI website.
How to apply to SEAI
1. Appoint Prosolar as your approved SEAI solar PV company.
2. We will help you to make an application for SEAI for the grant.
3. We will help you apply to ESB networks to connect the solar PV system to the electricity network.
4. Once your grant is approved, we will install your solar PV panels.
5. Get a post-works BER (Building Energy Rating) for your home.
6. Prosolar will submit evidence of the installation works to SEAI.
7. SEAI processes the claim and you will receive payment when grant has been reviewed and all conditions are met.